Send and receive SMS text messages in Eloqua campaigns. Process replies via the decision node. Automatically format numbers for delivery.
Step 1 - Add the Callback URLs to your Burst SMS Account
1. In your Burst SMS Account, go to SETTINGS.
2. Under API Settings, add the following:
a) DLR Callback URL - http://eloqua.transmitsms.com/eloqua/callback/listener/delivery
b) Reply Callback URL - http://eloqua.transmitsms.com/eloqua/callback/listener/response
3. Enter your API Secret.
4. Click Update Profile to save your changes.
Step 2 - Install and Configure the Burst SMS Connector to Eloqua
1. Install the Burst SMS Connector: INSTALL
2. Click "Accept and Install".
3. In Eloqua, go to Settings (via top left Menu).
4. Select APPS under "Platform Extensions".
5. Select Burst SMS.
6. Select Configure (top right cog icon).
7. Fill in your Burst SMS API Key and Secret (from Step One).
8. Select your desired default country for Number Formatting.
9. Click Connect.
Step 3 - Create your campaign with SMS capabilities
1. Go to Campaigns.
2. Select Create a "Multi-Step Campaign".
3. Select Blank Campaign.
4. Click on the arrow next to Campaign Steps to view all available.
5. Select the star to make them viewable by default.
6. Drag the Send SMS step to your canvas.
7. Double click on the Send SMS step, then click the pencil icon.
8. Fill in the "Create your Text Message" form.
9. To trigger a decision based on an SMS Response (or lack of), drag the Received SMS? step to your canvas.
10. Double click on this and then click the pencil icon.
11. Fill in the form for "Check for Received SMS".
12. Continue with the rest of your campaign!
Creating Custom Objects
For information on creating Custom Objects to use within your campaigns, please click Here.