Modified on: Mon, 25 Jul, 2022 at 4:04 PM
Using tracked links has two benefits:
- The links are automatically shortened, saving on your SMS character count
- You can track who clicked the link and when
To use tracked links in your SMS:
1. Click on SEND SMS section of your account.
2. Prepare your message and set your cursor where you would like to insert the URL, then click on Add a track link and select Define a new URL.
3. Enter your entire website URL in the text box provided and then click on the ACTIVATE button.
Tip: If you're using Google Analytics, be sure to add Google UTM Parameters to your URL - and it's super quick! This will allow you to label and track your SMS recipients throughout your website.
The tracked link is inserted into your message as shown below:
NB: All URL's are unique and can be tracked back to an individual user.
The TEST SMS function does not implement the destination URL. You will need to select My Test List click on NEXT and SEND button in order to test your tracked link in your message.
View recipients that have tapped onto your link
You can view which recipients have tapped onto your link from the LINK HITS tab within your SMS campaign statistics.
Click on ACTIVITY > REPORT from Actions column.
Click on LINK HITS tab.